Saturday, March 23, 2013

Niagara, 2/25/13

Hello Family!

I am staying in Niagara Falls. Sadly, Elder Lee is leaving me! He has been one of my favorite companions. We only got to serve with each other for 5 weeks, but he is awesome. He's remaining in English work and going over to Leamington which is way over on the Southwestern part of Ontario. I don't know who my new companion is yet. He is one of the many missionaries coming into the field today, so I'll get to meet him tomorrow! Just so ya'll know for mail or whatever, next transfers are on April 7th.

It has been a pretty good week. Not many of our current investigators are progressing right now, but we have a couple of really good potential investigators that we'll be meeting this week for the first time. There is a couple named Marlee and Blair, they are being married by our Bishop here, and they would like to learn more about the church they are being married in. Could you keep them in your prayers?

In the world we live in, and in the world we're moving in to, people need to have a personal relationship with God. And families need to be unified by love. And well... that is what the Gospel is for. We don't baptize to get a statistic or to gain more members of the church. Baptisms, and more importantly- living the Gospel- help us feel closer to God. Feeling closer to God helps us know our purpose here. And knowing our purpose here helps us know our full potential for the Eternities. Baptisms pave the way for this path, and open the door to the Celestial Kingdom.

That entire above ^^ paragraph is found in the words of modern day revelations, as well as ancient scriptures. I tell you that so I don't take credit for it- its a bunch of words from people a lot wiser than me... God is always telling us "The Way"-- He is always calling for us to come back home! Pray to Him, read His words, and as long as you keep moving forward and never give up, you will never go astray. That's a promise from God. (which promise you'd find in the scriptures or modern day words... read them!!!)

We don't have a whole lot of time today, so I'll cut this one short. I love you all! And I hope you have a great week.

Love,
Elder Brett Simper

No comments:

Post a Comment