Saturday, March 23, 2013

Niagara, 3/4/2013

Hello Family!

I'm going to keep this one kind of short, because Elder Tinney has a ton of stuff to do today. And we have to clean our apartment, and we're going to see the Falls again... So, I'm sorry about not being able to write more!

There were many simple, but great, things that happened this past week. Nothing huge, no parting of the Niagara Falls, no awe-inspiring miracles. But the little things are the things that are the most important. Tiny moments that remind us that God is real, He is mindful of our situation, and He loves us. To me, there is no knowledge more important than those 3 seemingly small principles, because they are not small. Most of the time it seems like I'm just a spectator on the sidelines, watching as miracles take place in other peoples' lives (often complete strangers!). Not that we don't do anything, because we most definitely are always doing something, but most of the miracles I've seen happen when we just get out of the way. This is God's work. We are His children. We either submit to Him, and feel love, gentleness, and peace... or we don't and we are fighting against the nature of happiness. Because God doesn't need us to submit to Him, but we do. He doesn't command us to just for the sake of reigning over us... its just the nature of life. Anytime we are not loving or gentle or we don't act the way God has told us to, we will fail. We will go backwards.

I really do hope that none of my emails are in vain. And I hope that you will look to God for your support, for answers to your questions. Don't take anyone's word for anything. Ask questions, be reasonable, and be fair.

I love you all so much. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Brett Simper

No comments:

Post a Comment